FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Trying to build and deploy BOS version 4.3.0.1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pjj326 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pjj326 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trying to build and deploy BOS version 4.3.0.1
    Posted: 13-Mar-2009 at 7:16am
I keep getting the following error message when trying to run my deployed BOS:

This product is not registered or the key may no longer be valid.
Please contact your IdeaBlade representative to obtain a new key or email sales@ideablade.com.
Product: Error

The probeassembly entry in the web.config seems to point to my DomainModel assembly. My DomainModel assembly is in the bin folder. All of the Devforce assemblies are in the bin folder. The DomainModel was generated last week when we received the 4.3.0.1 Devforce release. Any ideas?
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2009 at 10:00am

If a debuglog was generated, also check that to see if any related messages were logged.  It's possible that the DomainModel couldn't be loaded for some reason, or that the license couldn't be found, and the log might explain why.

Also check that you don't have any prior versions of DevForce - possibly in the GAC - that could be mixing things up.

You can also put the following in the global.asax, this will force DevForce to load configuration and look for a license very early in BOS startup.

IdeaBlade.Util.v4.IdeaBladeConfig.AssertNonDefaultVersion();

If still no luck, email the web.config and debuglog to support for further help. 

pjj326 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pjj326 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 6:52am
Debug log was generated...

Pertinent information is this line:

AST.DomainModel, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null product key: This product is not registered or the key may no longer be valid. Please contact your IdeaBlade representative to obtain a new key or email sales@ideablade.com. Product: Error

This is with IdeaBlade.Util.v4.IdeaBladeConfig.AssertNonDefaultVersion(); in the Global.asax. I get this as soon as the Global fires.

I can deploy the BOS to my local IIS instance, and that seems to work. Bear in mind that I have DevForce EF 4.3.0.1 installed on my local box. I wouldn't think this needs to be installed on the server. Also as far as I can tell, the probeAssembly structure is set up properly. Where should I email DebugLog? support@ideablade.com?

kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 10:31am
You don't need DevForce installed on the server, but you do need all referenced assemblies.  Check the bin folder for the following, and ensure the version of each is correct:

IdeaBlade.EntityModel.v4
IdeaBlade.EntityModel.Edm.v4
IdeaBlade.EntityModel.Server.v4
IdeaBlade.Linq.v4
IdeaBlade.Util.v4
IdeaBlade.Verification.v4
Your domain model and entity model assembly (ies).

If everything still looks good, you can send both the debuglog and web.config to support@ideablade.com.

smi-mark View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote smi-mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 11:37am
Also make sure since you have upgraded to 4.3 that you have regenerated your model - as DevForce will look for your license in the registry on your development machine, but in the DomainModel on a client, as DevForce won't be installed.
pjj326 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pjj326 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 12:34pm
I've sent my DebugLog and web.config to support@ideablade.com. As far as I know, the DomainModel was regenerated after we received DevForce EF 4.3.0.1. I don't think that's the problem, but I'll verify.
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2009 at 10:11am

Paul, it does look like you should regenerate the model.  DevForce is finding the license in AST.DomainModel, but for whatever reason thinks it's invalid.  Is it possible you were using a time-restricted or eval version when the model was last generated?  Also, and I realize this sounds somewhat silly, but make sure this isn't the Silverlight-compiled version of the model.  And since it bit you before, check that System.Core or other Silverlight targeted assemblies aren't in the GAC on the server.

pjj326 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pjj326 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2009 at 11:10am

Regenerated the model. Still not working. Web project is referencing AST.DomainModel not AST.DomainModel.SL. No Ideablade (Silverlight or otherwise) assemblies are in the GAC on the server.

kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2009 at 11:30am
Please send the domain model designer file to support.
pjj326 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pjj326 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2009 at 12:34pm
I've sent the DomainModel designer files to support@ideablade.com

smi-mark View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote smi-mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2009 at 10:43am
Is it possible at one point DevForce was installed on the server? If so could an old license string still be in the registry and that is being used instead?
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2009 at 11:00am
Originally posted by pjj326

I've sent the DomainModel designer files to support@ideablade.com

It looks like support is backed up - can you re-send directly to me, kimj@... ?
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2009 at 10:59am
Just a follow-up for anyone else who might have a similar problem - the issue turned out to be that the security policy on the server enforced FIPS, and DevForce EF (aka DevForce Enterprise) is not currently FIPS-compliant.   We should be addressing this within the next few releases.
 Post Reply Post Reply