New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: How can I excluded exe and dll files from being probed?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

How can I excluded exe and dll files from being probed?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BrooksAdair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BrooksAdair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How can I excluded exe and dll files from being probed?
    Posted: 31-Aug-2010 at 2:49pm
I am using DevForce EF in some .NET assemblies that are being called from a legacy COM application. The problem I am having is that DevForce probes all the DLLs and EXEs in the applications directory. Any time it hits a non .NET file I get the following exception: "System.BadImageFormatException was unhandled by user code"

I can move all the DLL files to another directory, but the main EXE I can not move. Is there a way to handle the exception that allows the DevForce initialization code to still run? Or is there a way to exclude some EXEs from the probing?
ting View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote ting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2010 at 7:44pm
This should be fixed in the 6.0.5 release this week.  However, it's not a bad idea to specify the probe assemblies to speed up application startup.  You do this by calling the CompositionHost:

using IdeaBlade.Core.Composition;

CompositionHost.SearchPatterns.Clear();
CompositionHost.SearchPatterns.Add("DomainModel.dll");  //  Add whatever assemblies you need probed

Post Reply Post Reply