New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Error when deploying after upgrading to Devforce 6.1.1.0 (Silverlight)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Error when deploying after upgrading to Devforce 6.1.1.0 (Silverlight)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rasmus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote rasmus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error when deploying after upgrading to Devforce 6.1.1.0 (Silverlight)
    Posted: 20-Jun-2011 at 2:16am
Hi

After updating my Devforce assemblies on the server to 6.1.1.0 from 6.0.9.0 I am no longer able to run my app. The setup is like this:

All Devforce assemblies is deployed to the GAC
All App assemblies is deployed to the GAC

The bin folder is empty - and this seems to be a problem when probing the assemblies for af valid license key. A problem which has appeared after the update.

This is what the log looked like before the update - when everything was ok:

And after the update:

As a note: I know that the log containing the error is probing for a 4.0.0.2 version of the assembly and not a 4.0.0.1 version like in the first log. This is not the cause of the problem, but an attempt to se if updating the version number of the assembly would help somehow.

Can you confirm if there is a problem with the 6.1.1.0 version and the license key when deploying to the GAC?

Best regards,
Rasmus

DenisK View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote DenisK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2011 at 1:05pm
Hi Rasmus;

"The bin folder is empty - and this seems to be a problem when probing the assemblies for a valid license key. A problem which has appeared after the update."

Could you clarify this statement? I'm not sure I understand. If the bin folder is empty, that will explain why the various assemblies can't be found. But are you saying the bin folder is empty for a reason?
rasmus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote rasmus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2011 at 2:38pm
Hi Dennis

The bin folder is empty, since all the binaries are deployed to the GAC. But this was not an issue before upgrading to 6.1.1.0.

Best Regards,
Rasmus
DenisK View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote DenisK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jun-2011 at 9:30am
Hi Rasmus;

I see. At this point, my suggestion would be to use Fusion Log Viewer (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e74a18c4(v=VS.100).aspx) to see in more details the assembly binding your application performs and why it can't find those 3 assemblies. This tool has helped me quite a bit previously. Please keep me updated with what you find.
rasmus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote rasmus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2011 at 9:49am
Hi
I have used Fusion log viewer but it shows no errors when binding the assemblies:
If I move the assemblies (the NextStay.XXX assemblies) to the bin folder everything works. It seems as if the newer versions of DevForce cannot probe the assemblies in the GAC. This is from my web.config:
Can you confirm that the newer versions of DevForce, probes the GAC for assemblies containing the license key?
Best regards,
Rasmus
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2011 at 5:50pm
I can confirm that this bug was introduced in version 6.1.0.  We'll get this fixed in the next release, 6.1.3, coming in a few weeks.

Until then, the workarounds are to either place the assemblies in the bin folder, or use the full path and file name in the probeAssemblyName instead of the assembly qualified name.
rasmus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote rasmus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2011 at 6:54am
Hi

Great news! Thanks

Best Regards,
Rasmus
 Post Reply Post Reply