FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Create new PageView

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Create new PageView
    Posted: 04-Oct-2007 at 9:58am
I am trying to create my own PageView.

I have inherited from PageView and only altered a view items. My new view is similiar to the ThreePanelView but it is for a PageView.

When I run the app the PageView is not the new PageView.

I have registered the View in the Module controller class:

mViewFactoryService.RegisterViewType<WelcomePageView>(LOC.CEMS.Welcome.Constants.ViewNames.WelcomePage);

In my module controller I have the following for showing the page: StartPageController.ShowPage(WorkItem, ViewNames.WelcomePage, this.Workspace);

StartPageController inherits from WelcomePageController.
But it shows the orginal SummaryPageView.

What am I doing wrong?
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2007 at 10:06am
As a point of reference. I have three different SmartPartPlaceholders (Left, Top, Main). I have added CreateLeftView(), CreateTopView(), etc. to the the WelcomePageController.

I must admit I do not see anywhere in the controller where I reference the new WelcomePageView. And I don't know where I would do that.

Looking at the MainView that is created it creates a BasicPageView which is my version of the PageView.

orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2007 at 10:26am
I got it to show.

I had the PageView = the wrong ViewName
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2007 at 10:53am
Now my Tab and my Nav Menu link don't match? Not sure where to find the tab name to change it.
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2007 at 2:10pm
Since I can't get an answer I will post my progress.

I get the page to load. I can even load views onto it. I still have the wrong value on the tab. It does not match the value in the Nav Bar.

orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2007 at 7:29am
Sorry if I am being general.

My initial goal for this thread was to find the process for creating a PageView (such as SummaryResultsView). Not my own specific page.

I am using the TabShellLayout. And while adding my pages to the layout the Nav  bar item says one thing and the Tab says another.

I am not really sure with this is set. I should have started a new thread for this. And I will.
 Post Reply Post Reply