FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

[SUSPENDED] List Not Updating

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SUSPENDED] List Not Updating
    Posted: 19-Oct-2007 at 10:01am

A unit table references the units that are used in various places within the application.  If a unit is a sales unit, then the IsSellingUnit boolean field is set to true.  The units are managed in a Unit Maintenance page within the DF/CAB application.  If I change one of the units so that it is now a selling unit (check the box), then save the change, I would fully expect that the ListConverter that references the list of selling units to now show this unit (on a sales order, for example).  That is not the case.  The list still reflects the old values.  Of course, I can exit the app, then reload the app and the new value shows up; however, this is not acceptable. 

How do I get my ListConverters to reflect changes to the underlying data tables?

Edited by Linguinut - 26-Oct-2007 at 12:28pm
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2007 at 10:38am
This is quite baffling.  Still.

My unit list reflects units that belong in the inventory screen (IsInventoryUnit = true).  If I do not use the AddListManager_KeepExistingEntitiesOnly method, then I get the list, BUT the list does NOT stay current when the data changes.

If all I do (and, seriously, nothing else) is add back the method (AddListManager_KeepExistingEntitiesOnly), I get a totally different unit list (IsPartUnit = true).

This ought not so to be!!

How do I account for the list changing?  How can I keep the list "fresh" if I cannot use the ListManager (handled in AddListManager_KeepExistingEntitiesOnly)?

Thanks,
Bill
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2007 at 11:59am
There are three separate unit lists being maintained for my Part Maintenance window: Length Units, Rate Units, and Inventory Units. I turned off all of the ListConverters except the InventoryUnitList.  I left the AddListManager method on and ran the app.  The list shows up.  I make a change to the unit table and the list is dynamically altered.  It works.

I turned on the Length Units ListConverter.  It is supposed to have its own list manager.  ALAS!!  The lists are combined into one list and both LookUpEdit controls are filled with the combined list.  This is not good, or expected, behavior.  Shouldn't the lists be maintained separately?  I know that the same entities are referenced, but the pointers to the entities should be maintained by the list manager's binding, right?  I can have two views of customers...one showing past due, another showing current, so why can't I do this?

Let's make it worse.  I leave both converters.  I remove the AddListManager methods from both.  Now, both lists are working fine--except changes to the units do not reflect dynamically in the lists.  There is something about that AddListManager that messes up the lists.  For some reason it can only handle one ListManager for an entity...not one per list.

I am stumped.

(and, why am I talking to myself, again?)
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2007 at 12:26pm
Well, I have done enough research on this.  I am convinced that IdeaBlade will have to tell me that the ListConverter is either being used incorrectly by me; or, that they need to update the ListConverter (IdeaBlade.UI) so that multiple lists for the same entity class can be maintained.  I can only trace this stuff so far.

As far as a workaround, I am going to turn off all AddListManager methods for these lists.  They will be static.  If changes are made, then user will just have to close the app and reopen to get the list refreshed.  Silly, I know, but I cannot waste more time on this, right now.
Bill Jensen View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2007 at 3:44pm
You've worked this down pretty far.  I'll do some research and get back to you next week.

Bill J.
 Post Reply Post Reply