FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

EntityQueryPagedCollectionView

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gregweb View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote gregweb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EntityQueryPagedCollectionView
    Posted: 16-Jul-2012 at 10:07am
I have a EntityQueryPagedCollectionView. When a user wants to filter the list, I use a PredicateDescription and EQPCV.SetQueryFilter. This works fine.

However, when the user want to add a number of items to the list, I want to start with a cleared list, ie nothing in the list.

I don't see a way of doing this. There is no EQPCV.Clear() method. The only thing I can think of is creating a bogus PredicateDescription so it will return nothing. The problem with this, though, is that then when items are added, they disappear of the list after a save as they don't match the PD.

Greg

Edited by gregweb - 16-Jul-2012 at 10:16am
DenisK View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote DenisK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2012 at 6:49pm
Hi Greg,

The EQPCV is limited in functionality and not intended for a full CRUD operation. Not having a .Clear method is one such limitation.

Having said that, another workaround that I can think of to clear the list is set the EntityQuery.QueryStrategy to CacheOnly, call EntityManager.Clear() and call EQPCV.Refresh()

_query = _entityManager.Customers;

View = new EntityQueryPagedCollectionView(
               _query,                  // Source of data
               PageSize,               // Page size
               PageSize,               // Load size - no lookahead caching here 
               true,                   // Whether to defer the load
               false);                 // Whether to add primary key to sort columns

//other operations.........

//Clear here
ClearEQPCV();

//other operations........

//Set QueryStrategy back when done
_query.QueryStrategy = QueryStrategy.Normal;     //or _entityManager.DefaultQueryStrategy

public void ClearEQPCV() {
      _query.QueryStrategy = QueryStrategy.CacheOnly;      
      _entityManager.Clear();
      View.Refresh();
}

This essentially tricks the EQPCV query to look into an empty EM cache. Depending on your needs, you might want to create a separate edit EM for this purpose.

Hope this helps.

Edited by DenisK - 16-Jul-2012 at 6:56pm
gregweb View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote gregweb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2012 at 11:36am
Thanks Denis. I think your right in that I should create a new EM for the purpose. That will keep things much cleaner.

Greg
 Post Reply Post Reply