FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Model Explorer videos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bigfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model Explorer videos
    Posted: 09-Apr-2009 at 7:43pm
Great videos thanks. As I've been delving into the architecture further I keep finding a requirement to go back to the videos. Is there any chance these can be available for download as well as the streaming link? I'd like to be able to find a quiet corner and watch them on my mobile...
ting View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote ting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2009 at 3:07pm
BenHayat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote BenHayat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2009 at 8:03pm
Start the Windows Media Player

I wonder who wrote that original Media Player? :-)
Best Regards!
..Ben

WPF & Silverlight Insider
http://www.MicroIntelligence.Com
bigfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2009 at 3:35am
Thanks Ting, much appreciated.  I did try something like that originally but for some reason (likely too late at night) I couldn't get it to work.  Thanks again.
JoshO View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoshO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2009 at 1:26pm
The videos are zipped and now available as an individual download or get-them-all-in-one (about 71 MB) on the Model Explorer home page .
Alan Bourke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Alan Bourke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2009 at 1:58pm
On the topic of videos, the one below stops halfway.

http://www.ideablade.com/DevForceWinClient/TrainingVideos/RetrievingData/a01RetrievingDataTheEDM/a01RetrievingDataTheEDM.htm

JoshO View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoshO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2009 at 8:02pm
I just watched it and I thought it was stuck at 1:10 into the video where the screen starts a fadeout transition but the video did continue after a 10 second pause. Then I downloaded and unzipped the video and saw the same fadeout but much smoother and it only took about 2 seconds for the start of the next portion. Then I tried watching the same video using Firefox and for whatever reason, Firefox handled the flash transition effect without a hitch (hmmm, maybe better developers...):,D
BenHayat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote BenHayat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2009 at 8:16pm
Firefox handled the flash transition effect without a hitch

Josh, I had the same experience. FF3 went through fine!

Edited by BenHayat - 15-Apr-2009 at 8:17pm
Best Regards!
..Ben

WPF & Silverlight Insider
http://www.MicroIntelligence.Com
 Post Reply Post Reply