FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Designer Error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vkh75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote vkh75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Designer Error
    Posted: 13-Sep-2007 at 2:32am

When I try to set a BindingSource.DataSource property using the Properties Window, I get an error saying "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Here is a picture that shows the error...

I was playing around with DataGridViewBindingManager and ListConverter just before this happend.

Does anyone khow how to get rid of the error?

PS: If I create a new project, all is ok. This is only in my existing project.
vkh75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote vkh75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2007 at 6:35am

I have found solution. After I deleted "DataSources" folder located in ...\SolutionFolder\ProjectFolder\My Project folder, the error went away.

jeffdoolittle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jeffdoolittle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2007 at 7:58am
I have had this exact same problem before.  And unfortunately, I found that deleting the DataSources folder was the only way I could fix the problem.  If anyone has a better idea of how to fix this problem, I'd like to hear about it.

--Jeff
Dominique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dominique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2007 at 12:09am
Hi,
Tis one is a classical :-)
As far as I remember you actually don't need to completly delete the folder.
The reason of the crash is that tere is one datasources that is not valid in the list, so it is enough to delete just that one. You can view the datasources in your gui project by:
Show all files
my project
datasources
From here it will be possible to delete the datasource that cause the problems. You will of course need to be able to identify it :)
Hope this help

Dominique

Edited by Dominique - 18-Sep-2007 at 12:09am
Dominique
 Post Reply Post Reply