FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Verification not triggering

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bigme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Verification not triggering
    Posted: 19-Nov-2010 at 8:41pm
This seems like such a simple problem but it's been bugging me for days. Sorry in advance for the vagueness of this post.

I am using DevForce Verification and Silverlight INotifyDataErrorInfo options.

I have 3 forms where verification works perfectly: errors display in the UI (DataForm) as the form is edited.

But I have another form where verification is only applied on the server (when the form is saved) and I cannot figure why errors fail to display in the DataForm as the data is edited/added.

As far as I can tell, all pages are effectively the same, just using different tables/entities. Obviously, they are NOT the same or I wouldn't have this problem:-( 

Can anyone suggest where I might look?

I am sorry about the horribly vague description and am quite happy to post code if you want.

Dave.
bigme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2010 at 10:45pm
Yep. It was a really simple problem.

I forgot to link the entity model file into the client (Add Existing Item | Link)

Hope this helps someone else from spending as much time as I did trying to find the problem.

Dave.
 Post Reply Post Reply