FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

BOS in Web App Scenario

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BOS in Web App Scenario
    Posted: 16-Jul-2007 at 2:27pm
I’m currently evaluating your product and browsing through the news groups and I’ve came upon this sentence: “In many scenarios you are better off without the BOS for the web app side”. Can you explain it a little bit further? I would like to use BOS is such scenario: we have a web app than we have a firewall and behind this firewall we have our BOS (no smart clients involved). Are there any general drawbacks while using BOS with this scenario?
IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2007 at 2:28pm
The reason to use a BOS for a Web App are pretty much the same as the the reason for using a BOS for a Windows App.  With a small number of clients, the BOS may not be necessary.  However, as the number of clients increase, you will discover that at some point, you will need a BOS to get adequate performance.  In particular, the BOS will give you much better database performance because of connection pooling..

We have a client in the UK who is getting good Web App performance with a small number of clients, but with a large number of clients, performance degraded.  The customer elected to go with a BOS.
 Post Reply Post Reply