FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Configuring Push service for 1 second intervals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rasmus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote rasmus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Configuring Push service for 1 second intervals
    Posted: 15-Nov-2010 at 2:07pm
Hi

I have problems configuring the push service for small intervals (fx. 1 secong). Can you show me how to configure the OrderWatcher-method in the TwoSubcription example-project for 1 second push-intervals?

-Rasmus
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2010 at 12:03pm

The settings for the PollingDuplexHttpBinding in the web.config control this.  The DevForce defaults specify MultipleMessagesPerPoll and a MaxOutputDelay of 3 seconds, but you can change these settings and others.   MultipleMessagesPerPoll will stream messages in 32k chunks, while the output delay will flush all queued messages after the specified interval.

In theory, changing the MaxOutputDelay to 1 second, or removing the setting altogether to allow the WCF default of 200ms, will do what you need.  In practice, you may run into problems depending on your browser and SDK level (google for more information).   Here's a good overview of the timeouts available:  http://blogs.msdn.com/b/silverlightws/archive/2010/07/16/pollingduplex-multiple-mode-timeouts-demystified.aspx

rasmus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote rasmus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2010 at 5:34pm
Hi

I just realized my problem was because of my web.config having

<serviceHostingEnvironment aspNetCompatibilityEnabled="true"/>

In order for the push service to work properly this aspNetCom... must be false

More info here:

-Rasmus
 Post Reply Post Reply