FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

devforce datetime picker and tab key

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dominique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dominique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: devforce datetime picker and tab key
    Posted: 22-Oct-2007 at 2:03am
Hi,

when "tab"-ing through the controls it requires 2 tabs to come into the textbox part of the datetimepicker. It would be nice to be able to jump direct into the textbox.
That means just dropping the tab stop on the arrow(calendar picker), or having a property on the datetimepicker like "Tab Stop on combo".
The rationale is that user will usually use the mouse when using the calendar picker but power user who just want to use the keyboard will want to enter the textbox.
The stop on the "arrow" of the picker is kind of disturbing because it isn't visible. Another point is that the tab stop on the arrow (calendar picker) is not usable with the keyboard. I can't therefor see any reason to stop on it.

Another wish about the picker is that entering a single number will be understood as a day in the current month. This work when entering dd.mm (it will be understood as dd.mm.<current year>). What I'd like is that
dd will be understood as dd.<current month>.<current year>
Chrismas is not so far, so here is another wish :-). It would be nice if the box could understand a string of digit without token, i.e. #### wil be understood as ##.##

Dominique
Dominique
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2007 at 9:20am
I have filed a feature request (#634).

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you when or even if this feature will be implemented.
 Post Reply Post Reply