FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Exception caught during entity initialization

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kdev View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote kdev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exception caught during entity initialization
    Posted: 01-Aug-2013 at 2:35am
Hi,

Lately (since 7.2 I think) I often see this kind of error in my logs :

(DEVFORCE) : 142 : 01/08/2013 11:31:55 :  : IdeaBlade.EntityModel.EntityAspect:<InitializeDefaultValues>b__f : Exception caught during entity initialization: Une exception a été levée par la cible d'un appel.
(DEVFORCE) : 143 : 01/08/2013 11:31:55 :  : IdeaBlade.EntityModel.EntityAspect:<InitializeDefaultValues>b__f : Exception caught during entity initialization: Une exception a été levée par la cible d'un appel.
(DEVFORCE) : 144 : 01/08/2013 11:31:55 :  : IdeaBlade.EntityModel.EntityAspect:<InitializeDefaultValues>b__f : Exception caught during entity initialization: Une exception a été levée par la cible d'un appel.

I tried to find out the cause but with no succes.
Should I be worried about thoses error ? if so, what could be the cause and how to fix it ?

Regards,

kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2013 at 11:30am

Thanks for reporting this. 

We're seeing the problem with Code First entities in certain situations.  The error is thrown when attempting to initialize default values on the null entity.  DevForce catches and "eats" the error, but the null entity will not be initialized correctly.

The problem is mostly harmless, but undesirable.   We'll get in fixed in the next release. 
KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2013 at 6:22am
This issue is causing a lot of pain in debugging our applications.  As the time spend logging all these messages to the output is slowing down the debug time significantly.  Is there any workaround that we can implement?

Thank you,
Kat
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2013 at 2:19pm
No, I'm afraid there's no workaround.  If you're throwing and breaking for first chance exceptions you can turn that off to see if it helps any.  This bug will be fixed in the 7.2.1 release.
 Post Reply Post Reply