FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DevForce and Winforms

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rclarke View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote rclarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DevForce and Winforms
    Posted: 09-Jun-2010 at 11:04am
I'm somewhat confused concerning Ideablade's strategy for Winforms support going forward. I know that complete Winform support is promised for VS2010 but it is not clear to me whether this will be only in Devforce 2009 or Devforce 2010 or both. The latest release notes for Devforce 2010 make no mention that Winforms support was part of the release and there is no corresponding release for Devforce 2009 so what's up with Winform suppport? Can you please clarify the strategy and possible timelines?

ting View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote ting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2010 at 3:22pm
Yes, we should have included a note about this in the release notes.  We are supporting the WinForms databinders for all of our products (DevForce 2010, 2009, and Classic).

Because of the change to the .NET 4 CLR, we have decoupled the WinForms architecture in DevForce 2010, so this will be available as a separate package that is installed separately.  This also gives us the ability to version the WinForms binders independently, so that we can release when DevExpress and Infragistics update and not tie it to the DevForce update.

DevExpress just released a new version of their suite, so we will have another 2010 WinForms package out soon.

Also, an update to DevForce 2009 is scheduled to be released in the next two weeks.

Post Reply Post Reply