FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Grid not updating after Add

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grid not updating after Add
    Posted: 02-Oct-2007 at 7:35am
I am using the Summary Detail View, Top is NavBar and entity widget, bottom is grid. When I use the Nav bar to add the new entity it creates the entity fine.

In the Detail view I have the grid that displays all of the entities of that type. But when I add a new entity via the Nav bar it never shows in the grid.

When getting the grids initial values I am using an EntityQuery. Which if I am not wrong is suppose to always give me the entities in the cache for that type.

Why is my grid not showing the new value?

orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2007 at 7:47am
I am going to go a different route and try to create a new page view. Add see if I can get better results.
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2007 at 8:32am
I changed my mind again. The view I think is fine. I just need to find out how to connect them. When I change one I want to change the other.

How do I go about doing that? I have tried using the same PersistenceManager (MainPm). And it was unsuccessful.
Bill Jensen View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2007 at 11:02am
In the TabViewController for your GridView,  have you overridden Fefresh() to re-query the list of entities?

Bill J.
 Post Reply Post Reply