FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

License Key Violations Messages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: License Key Violations Messages
    Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 12:20pm

During my testings I found out that there are 2 message in the Debuglog stating that my license is not allowed to do 2 things (see attached Logfile).

*** License violation *** - 'Dynamic types' are not supported with the current license

*** License violation *** - 'Asynchronous operations' are not supported with the current license

The same Client is running on my local machine without writing these messages-entries into the debug log.

The difference is that on my development-machine I installed DevForce and entered the serial-number. On the other machines,  I did Xcopy-Deployment by just copying the client-build-directory plus the referenced Ideablade – Assemblies. I did not install anything in the GAC on the target machine. So I should have the same Assemblies on the Target. Now it seems that I need to do some licensing on the target also – or is there anything I missed ?

IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 12:21pm
I now understand why you are getting these license violations.  In fact, I reproduced the problem this morning with our own tutorials.

For versions of DevForce at level 3.3.0.1 or greater, when DevForce executes an application, it looks to see what  key (Express, Enterprise, Professional) it should use.  It does this by looking at the key that is embedded in the Entities Project.  You can find this key in the EntityRelations.cs file:

The correct key, however, is only inserted if you regenerate the Entities from the Object Mapper.  If you just build an Entities project that was initially generated from a version of DevForce earlier than 3.3.0.1, it won't have a License Key, and it will generate License Key violations.

Post Reply Post Reply