FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

IsPendingEntity always false

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tj62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote tj62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IsPendingEntity always false
    Posted: 13-Jan-2011 at 6:29am
Hi,
Using DevForce versoin 6.0.6.0 for Silverlight:
I'm starting using navigation properties in Silverlight making use of the PendingEntityResolved such when an image is requested by the parent entity (building entity, EntBuilding) i retrive the image-navigation property (EntImage): 

// This is a code snipped from my view model.
// A databound blob, a Value converter in the XAML takes care of valu conversion andis  proofed to work
  public byte[] p_image /
        {
            get
            {
                if (p_currentItem == null)  // If no item is selected return null
                    return null;
                EntBuilding b = (EntBuilding) p_currentItem; // The type is guranteed to be EntBuilding

// Some test commented out
                // var test = EntBuilding.PropertyMetadata.p_image.GetEntityReference(b);
                // test.IsLoaded = false;

if (b.p_image.EntityAspect.IsPendingEntity) // always returns false!!
                {
                    b.p_image.EntityAspect.PendingEntityResolved += OnPendingEntImageResolved;
                }
                return b.p_image.p_image;
            }
        }

private void OnPendingEntImageResolved(object sender, PendingEntityResolvedEventArgs e)
        {
            if (p_currentItem is EntBuilding)
                RaisePropertyChanged("p_image");
        }

The strange thing is that b.p_image.EntityAspect.IsPendingEntity is allways false, although it has not been loaded. 
After investigating my Entity model better I notice that all not-loaded navigation propertis are having IsPendingEntity = false but GetEntityReference(xx).IsLoaded = false. The same is tro for IsPendingEntityList. It is allways true alothugh the navigatoin collectoin properties have not been loaded.

How can that be?
PS: I'm using Entity Model against INformis Dynamic Server version 11.5 without any problems until now.
tj62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote tj62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2011 at 7:23am
Found the reason. Well one should never copy/paste from Ward Bell without reading the code :-). I had copied in some code from the PrismExplorer. In his repository class query method he calls:

p_entityManager.DefaultQueryStrategy = QueryStrategy.Normal; // Ensure going to data source

and then in the callback he calls:
p_entityManager.DefaultQueryStrategy = QueryStrategy.CacheOnly; // Prevent accidental async lazy loads

This of course stops everyting and causes IsPendingEntity = false all the time.

So the solution was to comment out the line in the callback and after that everything works fine!...Actualy I refined this stuff a little. Wards code is a little bit too simple :-)

Post Reply Post Reply