FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

LINQPad Driver compatible ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Walid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Walid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LINQPad Driver compatible ?
    Posted: 05-Nov-2012 at 8:11am
Hi,

Is the Linqpad driver compatible with Devforce 2012 ?
I am getting an error while it was working before : "ApplicationException: Cannot obtain Default EntityManager

Note : I have a config file to specify my database connection and in the log I can see Devforce has a problem with it 

IdeaBladeConfig resolution: File: D:\Dev\ProjectA\Dev\Framework\LinqPad\LinqPad.config - found but failed to deserialize

the config file :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
  <connectionStrings>
    <add name="DBAdmin" connectionString="data source=SRV-DB;initial catalog=MainDB;persist security info=True;user id=****;password=****;multipleactiveresultsets=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
  </connectionStrings>
</configuration>

The InnerException :

Edited by Walid - 05-Nov-2012 at 8:14am
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2012 at 10:53am
We haven't yet updated the LINQPad driver to work with DevForce 2012.  The error you're seeing is because the driver is trying to call a Login method on the EntityManager, and this method was removed in DF2012. 

The source code for the driver is still available from the DRC (http://drc.ideablade.com/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/linqpad-driver), and we'll also be putting it on GitHub soon.  So, until we upgrade the driver, tweaking the source code is your best option.
Walid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Walid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2012 at 3:02am
I commented out the Login and LinkForAuthentication parts and that worked.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply