FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Build Server

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Thomas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Thomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Build Server
    Posted: 26-Jul-2012 at 10:11pm
Is it possible to build a project on a buildserver like teamcity? I have the problem that when I try to build our project (which builds fine in visual studio) I get the following message on the build server:

[eteraModel\eteraModel\etera.Model.csproj] DevForceEntityModelMetadataDeploy
[06:27:25][DevForceEntityModelMetadataDeploy] EntityModelMetadataDeploy
[06:27:25][EntityModelMetadataDeploy] In EntityModelMetadataDeploy. Parms: Assembly=...
[06:27:25][EntityModelMetadataDeploy] EntityModelMetadataDeploy not performed because not running in Visual Studio.

In VS I still got errors when executing this after build task (which is fine as there are still some incorrect 
"InverseProperty" in the model), but on the build server it is just not executing this task.

Edited by Thomas - 27-Jul-2012 at 12:27am
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2012 at 7:43am
Hi Thomas,

That's an informational message, not an error or warning, and is expected when VS is not installed.  Our recommendation is that the ibmmx should already be generated and embedded in the project file before building on the build server.  Here's more information - http://drc.ideablade.com/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/code-first-generate-metadata#HMetadataonabuildserver
Thomas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Thomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2012 at 7:51am
Thank you for the clarification.

Another issue I encountered when building on the server with the latest version is the following error:

• System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or Assembly not found "IdeaBlade.VisualStudio.DTE, Version=6.1.7.0

As you can see it is asking for 6.1.7 instead of 6.1.8. It works fine if I add the 6.1.7 assembly.
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2012 at 9:35am
Where/when are you seeing this error?
Thomas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Thomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2012 at 9:54am
I am seeing this in the DevForceEntityModelMetadataDeploy (EntityModelMetadataDeploy) step. So the step which
should not be executed when building outside of VS.
 Post Reply Post Reply