FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

How can check the integrity of the sql database.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aladdin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aladdin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How can check the integrity of the sql database.
    Posted: 11-Mar-2009 at 6:05pm

if a user delete or change the name of a table or a column or a type of column - external from sql manager,

that the application can be aware of the changes that have taken place to the sql server

so that information operator.

any case, the checking should be done only by that recorded into the orm file

the solution is the same in classic and EF version ?

thanks
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2009 at 4:51pm
In DevForce Classic, the Object Mapper will validate and update the mappings based on the Schema Update Options.  DevForce Classic performs these activities by directly querying schema information in the database.

In DevForce EF, the Object Mapper will not perform this validation and update, because it does not directly work with the database, but instead with the EDMX file only.  In order to have the schema synced with the database you need to open the EDM designer for the EDMX and choose "Update Model from Database...".
aladdin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aladdin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2009 at 5:53pm
thanks for reply kimj,

sorry for my english i mean at runtime mode not design time mode,

if you wish, I would like to send my code or at least an example

thank you very match
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2009 at 6:21pm
There is no runtime checking in either product, although DevForce Classic does support dynamic columns discovered at runtime.  You can send your code to support@ideablade.com if you like.
 Post Reply Post Reply