FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

ideablade.web website will not build

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ahuitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ahuitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ideablade.web website will not build
    Posted: 04-Dec-2007 at 2:09pm
I'm trying to get started on the 300 advanced training material for "ASP.NET Apps Using DevForceDatasource".  I'm in the beginning project - found in "C:\Program Files\IdeaBlade DevForce\Instructional Units\300 Advanced\ASP.NET Apps Using DevForceDatasource\03 Code VB\Part 1 Beginning Solution\DevForceWeb.sln".

I've opened the project, and followed the script instructions to build the projects in the following order...  "Model, Web.Model, and IdeaBlade.Web"... but the last project, IdeaBlade.Web, will not build.  It has errors like "Error 1 Source file 'C:\Program Files\IdeaBlade DevForce\Instructional Units\300 Advanced\ASP.NET Apps Using DevForceDatasource\06 Common Code\IdeaBlade.Web\Web\FieldPropertyDescriptor.cs' could not be opened ('The system cannot find the file specified. ') IdeaBlade.Web". 

So I go look for the files and they don't exist.  I can't find them anywhere - in the c# tutorial folder or anything - not even online.  I tried re-downloading and installing the 300 advanced topics and it still can not be found. 

Does anyone know where can I get these files?  Thanks in advance!
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2007 at 4:01pm

You are using an old obsolete version of our ASP.NET functionality called DevForceDataSource.  There is a vastly improved newer version called AspDataSource that is much easier to use that we recently introduced with the DevForce 3.5.4.1 release.  We are currently at version DevForce 3.5.5.1.

The AspDataSource is such an improvement over the DevForceDataSource that I wouldn't want you to waste your time with the DevSourceDataSource.  I strongly recommend that you upgrade your version of DevForce.
ahuitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ahuitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2007 at 7:09pm
So I guess the tutorials are out of date?
ahuitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ahuitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2007 at 8:36pm

I downloaded the latest version and the tutorials are updated and they do compile!  Thanks for the update.

Post Reply Post Reply