FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

What the hell is going on here???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mrodriguez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mrodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What the hell is going on here???
    Posted: 13-Apr-2009 at 1:09pm
I tested and recommended DevForce EF about a month ago, just to find that today the product no longer exists.

It has been renamed to WinClient for some reason and I think it is a really unfortunate name. I recommended the DevForce EF framework to develop ASP.Net applications, it works great for web applications and there's not a single flaw in the architecture I can find that can stop us from using the framework for this type of applications.

I don't know for sure what's the correct path for us anymore. I don't think there will be any features dropped from the DevForce EF (now renamed WinClient) framework , but I am worried that there will be no new development whatsoever to the ASP.Net tools (I.E.: our only tool will be the AspDataSource). Also I am worried that IdeaBlade will drop the support of the DevExpress web controls in the future.

Even if DevForce SL is the new thing for web development, is it a right fit for ASP.Net applications?. If not, how am I supposed to explain my boss that we should buy the "WinClient" version for our web applications? Did you guys just ran out of ideas for the new name?

As of today, does IdeaBlade has a solution for web applications (not a release candidate) using the entity framework? if so, what is the name of that product?

Miguel
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2009 at 1:55pm

Marcio,

Just because we have added support for Silverlight, this does not imply in any way that we are abandoning support for ASP.NET.  The AspDataSource that was available in DevForce EF continues to available in DevForce WinClient and DevForce Universal.  Similarly, support for DevExpress and Infragistics Web Components will continue to be available in DevForce ASP.NET applications.
 Post Reply Post Reply