New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: How can I write server-side logic to bypass client constraints
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

How can I write server-side logic to bypass client constraints

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jairov4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jairov4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How can I write server-side logic to bypass client constraints
    Posted: 21-Nov-2010 at 5:41pm
I have a little set of Entities marked with [ClientCanSave(false)] attribute and I am exposing server methods to deal with this entities BUT when I call this methods using InvokeServerMethod() the server method has an EntityManager reference (on the server-side) with the same security constraints. Then all modifications to that set of entities will fail because the logged user is not allowed to save that entities even when the logic is running on server-side.
How can I write server-side logic with no client constraints?
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2010 at 9:37am
Hi jairov4,

After some investigation, I found out that this is not possible at the moment. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I'm creating a feature request to include the ability to pass an identifier in a SaveChanges/SaveChangesAsync (similar to a tag in a query) so we can identify the origin of the save and override the ClientCanSave method to remove the saving restrictions if appropriate.

Regards,
   sbelini.
 Post Reply Post Reply