FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Calling a Custom Function at the Server

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jipock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jipock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Calling a Custom Function at the Server
    Posted: 19-Jan-2011 at 7:16am
Good Morning,

I'm looking for documentation on how to run a custom function on the Server.

Right now, I have an in-solution web service  project (different than the DevForce project) that has a function that calls a 3rd party service. It's the only thing I use the web service for. What I'd really like to do is to call the 3rd party function on the Server (not the client) from the Devforce project.

Ordinarily, we could extend something, say Entity Manager or something, and call MyExtendedEntityManager.Call3rdpartyservice(); But, with DevForce, most of the objects run on the client, not the server.

Is there any way to do something like this?
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2011 at 9:38am

Hi jipock,

I think you might be looking for invoking a server method. You can do that using InvokeServerMethod and InvokeServerMethodAsync.

You can find detailed information in our DevForce Resource Center.

Silvio.
jipock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jipock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2011 at 12:28pm
Indeed it is.. I didn't think to look under "Advanced Persistence".

Thank you very much.
 Post Reply Post Reply