FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

SL Validation not firing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SL Validation not firing
    Posted: 16-Jun-2011 at 1:22pm
I am having an issue in my SL app, with mvvm, where validation will not fire back to the UI. I have added the appropriate xaml properties (Mode=TwoWay, ValidatesOnExceptions=True, NotifyOnValidationError=True). When the entity loads it runs the validation but when I change the property it is not verifying again. 
Verification works fine in my WPF app built with the same DomainModel. My SL Domain Model links to the files of the DomainModel.
In a SL test scenerio I bound directly to an entity property on one field and in another used my DataContext property to assign a value to the  same property. I did find that binding through the mvvm property did not fire validation. I have also found that using your metadata helper classes doesn't do anything in my WPF app or my SL app.

Any help or guidance would be great. I am currently just catching the exception when they save and then sending them back. It is not what I want to do, but currently have no choice.

(using Universal 6.0.8)
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2011 at 10:14am
Hi Orcities,

Can you upload an small test solution describing the issue?

sbelini.
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2011 at 1:34pm
I beleive it was the type of validation I was doing.

I think the biggest concern is that the meta helper class doesn't do anything.
 Post Reply Post Reply