FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Field Level Security

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gregweb View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote gregweb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Field Level Security
    Posted: 09-Dec-2012 at 2:23pm
I am trying to come up with a way to do Field Level Security with DevForce.

This topic talks about it, but I am not seeing a way to actually perform it.

The use case is wishing for some users not to have access to certain fields. But they still need to update other fields.

The data scrubbing technique does not work, as the scrubbed data would end up getting saved to the database.

Since the permissions are going to vary from role to role, I can't change the entity to match.

So I am not really seeing a way to do this on the server side. An alternate is to send the data down and hide it on the client, but that is not really a security measure.

Just wondering if you have any more thoughts on the matter.

Greg
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2012 at 1:29pm
Hi Greg,

Other than what's discussed in the topic you've linked, here in product support we don't have anything to add.  One clarification, though - DevForce updates only affect the changed properties, so properties scrubbed in the server query interceptor won't end up being saved to the database, as the DevForce client doesn't register the scrubbed property as changed.

gregweb View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote gregweb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2012 at 8:15am
Thanks very much, that works for me.

Greg
 Post Reply Post Reply