FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pre-commit functionality...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
as123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote as123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pre-commit functionality...
    Posted: 09-Oct-2011 at 3:42pm

Is it is possible to do any kind of validation as part of saving entities, after the transaction has opened, but before the commit operation? This is required so that the validation logic that is in a sql server stored procedure can access the data that is being saved (but not committed yet) as part of the validation and disallow save if the validation fails. We cannot do this kind of logic in the client as the client may not have all the data retrieved into the Entity Manager. Essentially, what I am looking for is a kind of pre-commit event as part of the SaveChanges() method.

Thanks

sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2011 at 10:22am
Hi as123,

You might find what you are looking for in the SaveInterceptor in the server.
You will find more details in the DevForce Resource Center.

Regards,
   Silvio.
as123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote as123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2011 at 3:52pm
               If you have any sample code to accomplish the pre-commit (not just pre-save) functionality using SaveInterceptor, please provide me the link.

I could not find much information about pre-commit in 

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply