FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Vista

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
thamaluk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote thamaluk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vista
    Posted: 07-Dec-2007 at 9:41pm

I just got a new computer with Windows Vista,  I have both VS2005 & VS2008,  when I try and uninstall DevForce 3.5.3.1 I get an error

Error 1721.  There is a problem with this windows installer package.  A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
Action:ToolBoxUninstaller, location c:\program files\ideaBlade Devforce\toolBoxinstaller.exe, command:uninstall

Now I'm stuck with DevForce not really on my computer and unable to install a different version.

How can I manually uninstall or finish what seems to be about 95% uninstalled ?
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2007 at 10:07pm

From the Installation Guide:

Microsoft provides a tool, the “Windows Installer Cleanup Utility” that will uninstall just about anything:

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;290301&spid=2525&sid=251

Microsoft often shuffles their site so if this link fails, search the web for it under “Windows Installer Cleanup Utility”.

We have had good luck with it. Of course it leaves material behind.

After running this tool, if you are trying to clear your machine of DevForce altogether, you might try installing a fresh copy of DevForce and then un-installing it immediately afterwards; this should pick up most if not all of the detritus from earlier installs.

thamaluk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote thamaluk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2007 at 7:26am
Thanks David that worked
 Post Reply Post Reply