FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

EntityReferenceBase.Load within a coroutine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EntityReferenceBase.Load within a coroutine
    Posted: 22-Nov-2010 at 5:16am
I use
manager.UseAsyncNavigation = true
;
manager.DefaultQueryStrategy = QueryStrategy.CacheOnly;

and call
EntityReferenceBase.Load(MergeStrategy mergeStrategy) to load a related entity.

In NorthwindDB this could look like:

var reference = Territory.PropertyMetadata.Region.GetEntityReference(territory);
reference.Load(MergeStrategy.PreserveChanges);

I would like to do this within a coroutine. How can I get informed that the operation is completed (e.g. the Region of the Territory is loaded)?

It would be great if EntityReferenceBase.Load(...) would return a INotifyCompleted. Are there any plans for this feature?

sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2010 at 12:23pm
Hi bebe,

Unfortunatelly, you won't be able to accomplish that with EntityReferenceBase.Load in a coroutine.

Is there any particular reason you are using EntityReferenceBase.Load instead of EntityRelationQuery?
You'll be able to complete the same task using EntityRelationQuery with the plus of being able to use it in a coroutine.

For instance:

var regionERQuery = new EntityRelationQuery(territory, EntityRelations.FK_Territory_Region.ToRole2Link);
  var regionQuery = regionERQuery
    .With(myQueryStrategy)
    .ExecuteAsync();
  yield return regionQuery;

Regards,
   sbelini.
 Post Reply Post Reply