FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

How to set DataSourceUpdateMode on ViewDescriptor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to set DataSourceUpdateMode on ViewDescriptor
    Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 10:36am
How would I go about changing the DataSourceUpdateMode when I use AddGroup with a ViewDescriptor.  I want the DataSourceUpdateMode to be
OnPropertyChanged.

I have a panel control housing two radio buttons  I am binding a value to see if a Patient has done agricultralwork (for government reporting)
With a ControlBindingDescriptor I would just set the UpdateMode in the CBD's definition.  Here's my code below.  Any thoughts?

rbAgriWorkNo.Tag = False
        rbAgriWorkYes.Tag = True
        Dim AgriWorkVD As ViewDescriptor = New ViewDescriptor(EntityPropertyDescriptors.Patient.UDSAgriWork)
        PatientCBM.Descriptors.AddGroup(Me.pnlAgriWork, AgriWorkVD)
IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 10:37am

Since Descriptors.AddGroup() doesn't return the descriptors you have to get a little creative.  You can do a Get for each radio button, and then set the DataSourceUpdateMode.  Something like this:

PatientCBM.Descriptors.Get(rbAgriWorkNo).DataSourceUpdateMode = DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged;
PatientCBM.Descriptors.Get(rbAgriWorkYes).DataSourceUpdateMode = DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged;

Post Reply Post Reply