FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

No Silverlight 4 Assemblies?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Siyfion View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Siyfion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Silverlight 4 Assemblies?
    Posted: 03-Apr-2012 at 6:34am
I've re-installed DevForce on a new machine and I did probably install it the first time before installing Silverlight 5 / 4. However, I know that the documentation states that:

Important: You must install DevForce after installing Silverlight 4 or 5. If you don't, Cocktail and application projects won't find the DevForce Silverlight libraries. If Cocktail won't build and the complaint is about missing "IdeaBlade..." assemblies, you may have installed DevForce before Silverlight 4 or 5. The easiest resolution is to reinstall DevForce.

But I have now tried re-installing DevForce every-which-way possible, but I cannot get it to create any *.dlls in the C:\Program Files (x86)\DevForce 2010\Silverlight4Assemblies folder, I only get some in the C:\Program Files (x86)\DevForce 2010\Silverlight5Assemblies folder. Is there a way to manually force the installer to add/generate these? Or am I missing something that it needs? Or is this folder meant to have no libraries in it!? I have the following installed:

Edited by Siyfion - 03-Apr-2012 at 6:35am
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2012 at 7:04am
Hi Siyfion,

This is indeed a very strange problem.
Are you using the DevForce installer that came with Cocktail? Or are you using the one from our Customer Portal?
What version of DevForce?

Regards,
   Silvio.
Siyfion View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Siyfion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2012 at 9:02am
The one that came with Cocktail.
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2012 at 11:47am
Hi Siyfion,

This is actualy related to the license key you are using. (WinClient key)

I'm sending you a Universal Express key via PM.

Let me know if the issue is resolved after using the new key.

Regards,
   Silvio.
Siyfion View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Siyfion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2012 at 3:28am
Ah ha... that makes a lot of sense!

It was mainly just an annoyance because, for example, a lot of the source solutions relating to Cocktail include "SL" and "SL5" projects along with them, which I would then have to strip the "SL" projects out manually to get the solution to compile.

Out of interest, why is it that the Silverlight 5 assemblies were being created, but not the Silverlight 4, if I only had a WinClient Express licence?
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2012 at 9:24am
Hi Siyfion,

SL5 assemblies shouldn't be created either. We are fixing the installer to address it.

Silvio.
 Post Reply Post Reply