FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

VerifierCondition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chuchay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote chuchay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VerifierCondition
    Posted: 04-Oct-2007 at 10:45pm

I am using a DelegateVerifier and I need to pass a parameter to my verifier condition but I can't seem to make it work. First question is, is it possible to pass a new parameter? If not, is there an alternate way? If possible, how do I do it? I am very new to DevForce.

Thanks in advance.

Yaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Yaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2007 at 9:40am
Can you maybe post some more specifics? what kind of variable are you attempting to pass, etc
GregD View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote GregD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2007 at 7:52pm

Try putting the delegate method in a new class whose constructor takes the parameter you need. You can then set a class member variable equal to the parameter. Since the delegate method lives inside the class, it has access to that class member variable.

public class DelegateHolder {
   public DelegateHolder(String pSomeParameter) {
    mSomeParameter = pSomeParameter;
   }

private static VerifierResult SomeCondition(
      Employee pEmp, TriggerContext pTriggerContext, VerifierContext pVerifierContext) {
      bool result;
      if (mSomeParameter = "foo" {
        // do something
      }
      return new VerifierResult(result);
    }
   private String mSomeParameter;
  }

Greg Dunn
IdeaBlade
chuchay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote chuchay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2007 at 9:49pm
Thank you very much. I will try this and give you feedback. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply