FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

FoundationModuleController.cs file

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gussabina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gussabina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FoundationModuleController.cs file
    Posted: 30-Nov-2007 at 4:27pm
Hi All:
When I try to create a new GridBuilder in the Foundation project, using the GridBuilder template, I get an error that says that it can not add the registration because the FoundationModuleController.cs file does not exist. (I used the  "Register as the default grid builder for the bound entity type" in the Registration Options).
However, this project was created by the Cabana Wizard. So, it is supposed to be there?

Thanks;
Gus

Bill Jensen View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2007 at 2:22pm
The application wizard does not create a module controller for the Foundation module so the GridBuilder wizard can't add the registration.

Add the registration yourself to the RegisterInitialServiceItems() method of the GridBuilderService (in Foundation\Services):

AddNew<MyGridBuilderType, MyBoundType>();

Hope this helps.

Bill Jensen
gussabina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gussabina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2007 at 2:35pm
So easy...Why it seems so difficult before you posted the solutions here, and so easy after that?

many thanks for your support Bill !

Gus
 Post Reply Post Reply