FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

GridViewPresenter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GridViewPresenter
    Posted: 04-Oct-2007 at 2:06pm
I am trying to override the grid view presenter, being used on a PageView, So that I can catch the current item changed.

Unfortunately it is not working.

I have placed the: mGridBindingManager.CurrencyManager.CurrentChanged += new System.EventHandler(CurrentChanged); in the Constructor. But it is never called.

I also can not see any events for the binding manager.

Can someone help.
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2007 at 2:17pm
Is this grid on the summaryview created by the wizard?  If so, I overrode the OnBindingContextChanged event in the view.  I may have cheated here, but I set the bindingsource of my gridmanager to the bindingsource of my controlmanager.  A hack, perhaps, but, at the moment, it works.

protected override void OnBindingContextChanged(System.EventArgs e)
{
    base.OnBindingContextChanged(e);
    mGridBindingManager.BindingSource = mControlBindingManager.BindingSource;
    mGridBindingManager.BindingSource.ResetBindings(false);
}

Edited by Linguinut - 04-Oct-2007 at 2:18pm
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2007 at 2:27pm
I ended up using the PageControllers MainBindingManager to check for change in current.

So I got it to work.

Bill,

If you get a chance what would be the best way to do this.
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2007 at 2:29pm
How'd you wire up the grid?
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2007 at 2:31pm
When I create the view for that section I also created the MainBindingSource.CurrentChanged += ....

Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2007 at 2:37pm

So this is not the summaryview of the main page, then.  I think I misunderstood.  Are you working on a control/grid view in the detail tabs (or some other smartpart workspace)?  My example wouldn't quite fit, then.

orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2007 at 2:52pm

I placed a gridview in one of my smartpartplaceholders for a pageview that I created. So it was not a tab.

But I did do something similiar for tab controller.
 Post Reply Post Reply