FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Need help with debugging login error to Cabana

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BillG View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote BillG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help with debugging login error to Cabana
    Posted: 28-Dec-2007 at 10:14pm
I am trying to log in to cabana using a username and password.  The server is setup for sql server authentication.  My connection string is using a user name and password.  In fact, I am able to make a connection as I ran the following statement

EntityList<Customer> customers = pManager.GetEntities<Customer>();

and it retrieved 92 rows.  So I know that my connection string is correct and I am able to contact as a user in my database.  the problem is with the GetUserByCredential() in SecurityUser.  The program crashes on the GetEntity<SecurityUser>(q) line of code.  The error being received is "Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'from'".  Examining further, I see the following, EntityType.DeclaringMethod threw an exception of type System.InvalidOperatingException.  I am stumped.  Using the CAB wizard I created a new app and pointed it toward another database and everything works fine, no problem at this point.  In the Cabana app, I am passing a valid user name and password as a parameter to the GetEntity method.  If I bypass the call to login, the app starts fine.

Bill Jensen View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2008 at 1:32pm

Hi Bill,

Yes, if you can call GetEntities<Customer>() and get results back, then you're able to connect to the database--Though I don't quite understand how you did that before a successful login.

Are you using the latest version IdeaBlade Tutorial database?  Does the database contain the SecurityUser table and the other tables beginning with "Security"?

Bill J.
 Post Reply Post Reply