New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: How do I permanently turn off Pascal Casing in the Object Mapping Tool?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

How do I permanently turn off Pascal Casing in the Object Mapping Tool?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I permanently turn off Pascal Casing in the Object Mapping Tool?
    Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 12:49pm
1. How do I permanently turn off Pascal Casing in the Object Mapping Tool?
        It is wreaking havoc with our internal naming conventions.
2. When I update my database, how do I...
        Get a list of everything that DevForce lists as having change, that I must enable/include before it does something with
        Or, have it automatically include the changes from the database

I am going through a lot of database changes right now.  After making some changes, I re-ran the Object Mapper, rebuilt my libraries, and starting using them.  At one point I found a newly created database field was not available and when I went back to the Object Mapper, I found that the field was there, but it was not "included".
IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 12:49pm
1.  If you select "Options" in the OM Tool menu bar, there is a selection for Pascal casing, which by default is checked.  If you uncheck this it should turn off Pascal caasing.

2.  If you select "Schema Update Options" from the "Options" menu in the OM tool and have selected the first or second radio button then if you add or remove a column from a database table, the change should appear in the corresponding business object class the next time you open the OM tool.  If you make a change to the database while the OM tool is open, the OM tool will not show this change.  You will have to close it and re-open it to have it see the change.  When you do open the OM tool, business object classes where changes have been made to the database and the object classes have been updated have a check in the "Modified"  field (the second field from the left in the list of classes).  It appears as though you will have to go into each class and manually include properties that have been added.

Post Reply Post Reply