FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

TextBox Clears After Navigation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TextBox Clears After Navigation
    Posted: 03-Jul-2007 at 12:47pm
I have a comment textbox on a sales order window.  If I enter text into the box, then navigate to another sales order, when I return, the text is gone.  The only difference that I can detect between the comment textbox and others on the form is that it is multiline.  The comment textbox is properly bound to the comment field in the entity object.  The entity object is properly reflecting the structure of the sales order table. 

What should I look at to resolve this problem?

Note:  I demo the sales order window tomorrow morning at 9am.  It would be great to have this resolved by then.  If not, maybe I will just skip this field in the demo and see if I can get away with it.

Thanks!!
Bill
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2007 at 12:09pm

I did get away without having to demo this field; however, users are starting to test my application and will inevitably want to save a comment on the sales order.  David K. was unable to reproduce the issue at the lab at IdeaBlade (thanks for trying David!).  Does anyone have an idea where I might look to tackle this odd problem?

Thanks,
Bill
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2007 at 1:36pm
First, I would double-check (or maybe triple-check) that the binding is in fact set up correctly.  You never know. :)

Next take a look at this tech tip on data binding and form validation :  http://www.ideablade.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=55.

Also take a look at the BindingDescriptor.DataSourceUpdateMode property, which is used to control when data is pushed into the bound object.  It defaults to "OnValidation", although in your case it may have been accidentally set to "Never".  It can also be set to 'OnPropertyChanged". 

Finally, if none of this works, check your debuglog.xml to see if any warnings or errors have been logged.  Binding problems usually cause an exception to be thrown and not logged, but you might find something suspicious going on.

Good luck.
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2007 at 5:09pm
Thank you, Kim.  I'll walk through these ideas tomorrow and report on the results.

Much appreciated!
Bill
 Post Reply Post Reply