New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Installing on a Server that does not have IdeaBlade installed on it
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Installing on a Server that does not have IdeaBlade installed on it

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Installing on a Server that does not have IdeaBlade installed on it
    Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 11:47am

I am building a Deployment machine. This machine does not contain a full version of Visual Studio, it contains only SDK.

My problem is the applications with ideablade will not build in that machine.

What can I do to build those applications with ideablade in that machine using MSBuild?

IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 11:48am
I am not entirely sure what you mean by a “Deployment machine”.  I am assuming what you mean by a “Deployment machine” is a machine that you intend to use as a middle-tier server in an n-tier configuration.  We call this the Business Object Server (BOS)

The Business Object Server does not require that Visual Studio be installed.  It only requires that the .NET 2.0 Framework be installed.  However, to build your application with IdeaBlade, you will need a development machine with a copy of Visual Studio 2005 (Standard, Professional, or Team Edition).  On your build machine, create a setup project, and build your MSI.  Once you have your application working, copy the MSI from your build machine to the deployment machine, and use the MSI to install the application on the deployment machine.

For more details, read Chapter 11 of the Developer’s Guide.

Hope this helps.

If this is not what you need, please clarify.

Post Reply Post Reply