New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Need some directions on Authentication and Authorization
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Need some directions on Authentication and Authorization

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
iDave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need some directions on Authentication and Authorization
    Posted: 19-Jun-2013 at 12:46pm
Good day,

I'm writting an application using the DevForce WPF n-Tier template. The structure of the solution is as follows:

• SC (the WPF project)
  • SC.Core (some common code that could be shared with for ex. Silverlight)
  • SC.DomainModel (the main model)
  • SC.DomainServices (some model services and business logic)
  • SC.SecurityModel (a security model for Users, Roles, etc)
  • SC.Web (created by the template)

So far, the SC, Core, DomainModel and DomainServices have gone nicely.

But now my concern is how do I implement the authentication and authorization?
Should they go in the Web project? If so, what should go there? I tried to follow the Documentation regarding this topics but I'm getting lost. The documentation says that it should be easy and I only need to change a few things in the config but I'm not getting it.

What I want to do is:

- Implement authentication and authorization. Ex. A user login using username and password. If all correct, let it in and then allow or deny (partially or completely) certain entities (view, edit, delete, etc).

I've created a model (SecurityModel), I'm planning to use this model for storing users, passwords, roles, etc for this specific application.

Is this the right way to do it, or I'm complicating myself too much?

Anyway, if someone can point me in the right direction of how to do it and where to find more information (also a piece of code will help to start) about it so I can accomplish such task, I really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Dave
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2013 at 12:57pm
iDave,

iDave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2013 at 11:46am
sbelini,

This is embarrassing... I have been looking all the time at the Development guide that I totally missed the Samples section.
Anyway, thanks for pointing me into the right direction.
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2013 at 11:55am
No problem! 

Let us know if you have further questions.
 Post Reply Post Reply