FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

How add new rocors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bolitto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bolitto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How add new rocors
    Posted: 19-Dec-2007 at 1:35pm
Hello everyone, sorry, I have a problem
I want add new records, but, when I press in de button + and then show a error like that

the data is only for read

That mind that the deta in te entity is generated with DevForce es real only

Please help me
GregD View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote GregD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2008 at 4:08pm
Bolitto:

Sorry this waited so long for a reply!

It sounds like you were trying either to use the BindingNavigatorAddNewItem button on a BindingNavigator without first configuring it properly, or that you were trying to add to a ReadOnlyEntityList, which is the type of list we always return from navigation properties (like myEmployee.Orders).

Please have a look at the instructional unit "Adding and Deleting Business Objects"  (100 series); also see the document "AddDeleteWithBindingNavigator.DOC" in the Reference Materials folders of the instructional unit "Add-Delete On Child Grid" (200 series).

I think you would also find the following Tech Tip helpful: "Working with a ReadOnlyEntityList", available at http://www.ideablade.com/techtip_Working_with_a_ReadOnlyEntityList.htm

Best regards,
Greg Dunn
IdeaBlade
 Post Reply Post Reply