FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Printing relations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DataMan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote DataMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Printing relations
    Posted: 06-Nov-2007 at 3:35pm

Is there any way to print off relationships in the Ideablade Object mapping tool?

The reason I ask this is that my application looks at three different datasources depending on which model.dll I comile it with.  This creates some issues as I have to make sure that everything is in sync with all three.  i.e everything I change in the one Model.dll I have to change in the other two.

Actually what about printing a nice report that puts everything on it,  fields, properties, relations etc.

THanks

Edited by DataMan - 06-Nov-2007 at 3:39pm
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2007 at 11:12am

No.  There is there no way to print off relationships in the Ideablade Object mapping tool?

If this is really important to you, you might consider using a Reporting Tool such as DevEx XtraReports.

DataMan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote DataMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2007 at 8:07am
Can I get a little help on this one?  I can see the relationships in the Model.EntityRelationships and everything is nicely laid out in the Model.orm but is there an easy way to report on this or do I have to create an application to parse out the information and then report on it?

Thanks
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2007 at 1:12pm
There is no easy way to do this.

You may have to write your own custom application.
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2007 at 1:37pm
Open the ORM file in the IDE.  It will display the XML by default.  Right-click anywhere in the file and select "View Data Grid".  Select rdbRelation on the left.  Sort as needed.  Add a dash of paprika...and serve.
DataMan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote DataMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2007 at 1:39pm
Very beautiful!  Excatly what I wanted for Christmas!

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply