New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Migrating from older version of DevForce into DevForce 2010
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Migrating from older version of DevForce into DevForce 2010

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
danjal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote danjal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Migrating from older version of DevForce into DevForce 2010
    Posted: 20-Sep-2010 at 7:08am
Hi,

I am migrating an application from an older version of DevForce into DevForce 2010.
I have updated all references, but I get a lot of this errors:

IdeaBlade.Validation.ValidateInstance is not an attribute class
IdeaBlade.Validation.ValidateProperty is not an attribute class

What is wrong?

Edited by danjal - 20-Sep-2010 at 9:28am
danjal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote danjal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2010 at 9:06am
Ok, I deleted the Model and created it again from scratch.
But now I have other errors:
The type or namespace name AsyncCompletedCallback could not be found.

I think it was in IdeaBlade.EntityModel, but not anymore?
And what about EntityFetchedEventArgs?

Edited by danjal - 20-Sep-2010 at 9:36am
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2010 at 12:49pm
danjal,

what operation are you performing that needs a callback?

There are equivalents for AsyncCompletedCallback, but it will depend on the operation performed. i.e.

DevForce2009: ExecuteAsync(IEntityQuery,AsyncCompletedCallback<EntityFetchedEventArgs>,Object)
DevForce2010: ExecuteAsync(IEntityQuery,Action<EntityQueryOperation>,Object)

DevForce2009: AddAsyncSave<T>(AsyncParallelTask<T>,Object,EntityManager,AsyncCompletedCallback<EntitySavedEventArgs>)
DevForce2010: AddAsyncSave<T>(AsyncParallelTask<T>,Object,EntityManager,Action<EntitySaveOperation>)

You can find this information in the API documentation (installed with DevForce2010).

EntityFetchedEventArgs is now EntityQueriedEventArgs. You can also find this information in the Release Notes provided with DevForce2010, (Entities and the Entity Manager >> Entity Manager >> Miscellaneous Changes) which is installed with DevForce2010.

danjal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote danjal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2010 at 8:02am

Thanx,

We have managed to migrate to 2010 successfully.
We rebuilt our model, cleaned our app.configs and web.config, cleaned our references, cleaned our code and got the loginmanager to work.
 Post Reply Post Reply