FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Plugin Architecture

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
alipoland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alipoland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plugin Architecture
    Posted: 06-Mar-2009 at 11:39pm

Salam all,

This is my first post and hope it would get a real response so I would buy the framework.

Can someone please guide me on how to implement a plug-in architecture around or within DevForce? That is, a container application with plugin modules loaded at startup time.

Many thanks in advance and peace to all.

Ali
God > infinity

smi-mark View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote smi-mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2009 at 4:02pm
How do you mean? To load assemblies into .NET at runtime it's pretty easy.

you can use the Assembly.LoadFrom() to load an external .NET assembly into memory. If you want to create an instance of a specific type you can do Activator.CreateInstance().

I don't see how DevForce makes a difference in this scenario?
alipoland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alipoland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2009 at 9:14pm

Thanks smi-mark,

I didn't mean loading assemblies at run time but proving the whole architecture for an Application Container that loads and presents assemblies at startup time to authorized users.

I have done the exact same thing in C++ but wanted DevForce to encourge such an architecture out of the box.

Anyway, the closest I came to was the Cabana Reference Application but it is too slow and people moving away from CAB Technology I don't why !!! I wish IdeaBlade can tell us if this is indeed true or not and what is the alternative please.

Ali
(Prime numbers are God's signature :)
alipoland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alipoland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2009 at 9:15pm

and what's with the FunHouse ref app? is that more performant?

Post Reply Post Reply