FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Timeout Expire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
*Calsy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote *Calsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Timeout Expire
    Posted: 09-Mar-2009 at 6:30pm
Hi All, Just having an issue with a Persistence Server Timeout Expire error. I have set the connection timeout to unlimited (0) at the SQL Server level and I have also specified Connect Timeout = 0 in the Ibconfig connection.

With all this specified why should it still be timing out? Im thinking it should just keep carrying on until the task is complete.

Look forward to hearing some feedback.
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2009 at 11:28pm

I'm not sure if you've tried the EntityQuery.CommandTimeout.  Here a value of 0 means that the underlying ADO.NET Command.Timeout default should be used, and that default is 30 seconds with most providers.  If the problem is occurring during a fetch, try setting that to a value in seconds that you hope is sufficient.  If the timeout is occurring during a save take a look at the TransactionSettings timeout property. 

*Calsy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote *Calsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2009 at 8:00pm
Hi Kim, Thanks for the reply. Changing the rdbquery.CommandTimeout seems to have fixed the problem. Is there a way that we can set a generic commandtimeout period so that every fetch has a large timeout period? It will be a bit of a pain to go throughout our code and add a line for each rdbquery to expand their timeout period.

Thanks
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2009 at 6:26pm
Unfortunately there is currently no way to set this globally.
 Post Reply Post Reply