FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Untrusted Component Error Creating A New Project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NotMyself View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NotMyself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Untrusted Component Error Creating A New Project
    Posted: 19-Mar-2009 at 1:18pm
I am upgrading from DevForce EF 430 to the Silverlight RC1. I removed the previous version using the windows Add/Remove Programs dialog and installed the Silverlight 3 Beta and DevForceSilverlight.RC1.setup.exe.

Instead of attempting to upgrade any of my existing projects, I thought I would simply create a new project and walk though some of the docuemntation to become familiar with the new product.

When I attempt to create a new project from the new project dialog I recieve the following error:

NotMyself View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NotMyself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2009 at 1:40pm
Just spoke with David K in support and it looks like I have a hybrid install. After removing DevForce EF build 430, project templates were left in C:\Documents and Settings\{ME}\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#\DevForce.

These files were not removed by the new installer. Attempting a clean reinstall right now.
NotMyself View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NotMyself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2009 at 1:43pm
Issue resolved.
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2009 at 2:49pm

Since I believe that you are on 64-bit, your manually installed project templates from 4.3.0.1 were not properly uninstalled.

Delete the old project templates.  Uninstall RC1.  Reinstall RC1.  If you are on 64-bit, you may have to use the workaround to fix your project templates.
JoshO View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoshO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2009 at 11:14am
Our next release of DevForce Silverlight in early May will have the 64-bit version incorporated into one installation with
the 32-bit version.

Note: for anyone browsing this thread, the workaround David mentioned is no longer needed.
You can download the 64-bit compatible version on our website: http://www.ideablade.com/DevForceSilverlight/DevForceSilverlight_DownloadEditions.aspx
Click on the text link: "Click here for the 64-bit Version" under the big green "Try Now" button.
 Post Reply Post Reply