FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Silverlight Template VB Troubles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
*Calsy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote *Calsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Silverlight Template VB Troubles
    Posted: 04-Apr-2009 at 7:00pm
Hi All, Am mucking around with the new SL DevForce. Cannot seem to get the "DevForce Silverlight Application" template to run in Visual Basic. Have run through the "4 Simple Steps" pdf 5 times now and am still getting a list of 106 errors (i think there are more but error count has maxed out) when I go to build. Example of the errors are:
- Error    1    Type 'DomainModel.Request' is not defined.    C:\Dev\Research\Silverlight\Request6\OPS\OPSWeb\OPSWeb.Model1.Designer.vb    83    91    OPS
- Error    3    'Name' is not declared. File I/O functionality is available in the 'Microsoft.VisualBasic' namespace.    C:\Dev\Research\Silverlight\Request6\OPS\OPSWeb\OPSWeb.Model1.Designer.vb    125    14    OPS
- Error    44    'Public Property IsCompleted() As Boolean' has multiple definitions with identical signatures.    C:\Dev\Research\Silverlight\Request6\OPS\OPSWeb\Model1.Designer.vb    458    21    OPSWeb
- Error    56    Base class 'IdeaBlade.EntityModel.v4.Entity' specified for class 'Request' cannot be different from the base class 'System.Data.Objects.DataClasses.EntityObject' of one of its other partial types.    C:\Dev\Research\Silverlight\Request6\OPS\OPSWeb\OPSWeb.Model1.Designer.vb    101    14    OPSWeb
- Error    106    Type argument 'OPS.Request' does not inherit from or implement the constraint type 'IdeaBlade.EntityModel.v4.IEntityBase'.    C:\Dev\Research\Silverlight\Request6\OPS\OPSWeb\OPSWeb.Model1.Designer.vb    666    65    OPSWeb

I have done the "4 simple steps" pdf with the c# template and have got it to work fine. But as soon as i try to do the exact same thing in VB it doesnt seem to like it at all. Im all ears to find out if there is something I'm missing here. I made sure that I downloaded the latest versions of all software.

PLEASE HELP!!
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2009 at 8:45pm
Unfortunately, you can't (easily) use the 2 project type of solution with VB, due to namespace issues.  The generated models for both the Entity Model and Domain Model are not namespace-qualified in VB, so both models are defined in the project namespace, causing collisions.

Take a look at the "Silverlight Next Steps" sample for a solution structure which will work in VB.  That sample isn't too far off the "4 Simple Steps" functionality, and actually represents a more realistic project structure anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply