FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Errors when build the Prism Explorer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Errors when build the Prism Explorer
    Posted: 09-Sep-2009 at 10:19pm
uploads/578/PrismExplorer-_error_20090909.zip

When I build the Prism Explorer with the DevForce for Silverlight 5.2.1 or 5.2.2 Express version I received the error in web.config and other files.  I changed Data Souce=. to Data Source=servername\sqlexpress. I attached the NorthWindEF mdf and ldf.  Please review the attach print-screen.  Please let us know how to fix these errors.

Thank you.

davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2009 at 10:19am
The errors that I see reflect bad references to Microsoft.Practices DLLs.  These DLLs can be found in the Prism folder.
WardBell View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote WardBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2009 at 6:04pm
When you unzip the PrismExplorer download you get a number of folders, all in parallel:
  DevForce
  NorthwindEF Database
  Prism
  PrismExplorer

If you haven't installed the NorthwindEF database, do so. You should be able to move it out of here and delete this folder.

Leaving you with:
  DevForce
  Prism
  PrismExplorer

If you installed DevForce in the GAC, you don't need the DevForce folder so you can delete that; you don't have to delete it ... but I recommend doing so because it will confuse you otherwise. DO NOT DELETE it if you are trying this out without DevForce installed.

Assuming you have deleted it, the directory looks like this:
  Prism
  PrismExplorer

The screen shot you sent indicates that PE can't find the Prism assemblies. It certainly won't find them unless the superdirectory looks as I've shown just above.

Hope this cures it.
Alan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2009 at 6:07pm
uploads/578/PrismExplorer_-_error_after_correct_reference_in_DevForce_Silverlight_5.2.2.zip

After I add the reference again from Prism folder, then run the Prism Explorer under DevForce Silverlight 5.2.2 I receive this
error.  Please see the attached zip file.  Please help to correct the error.

Thank you for your help.

WardBell View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote WardBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2009 at 7:14pm

You must have an old PrismExplorer zip.

Is it possible you downloaded PE on or about the same day that we posted 5.2.2 (4 Sept I think)?  We didn't get the updated copy of PrismExplorer in place until late Tues 8 Sept.

As I write this I'm staring at the web.config in the PrismExplorerWeb directory of the freshly downloaded zip and it is telling me:

<!-- ...             Make sure that the Version is correct for your installation.
         -->
        <add assembly="IdeaBlade.EntityModel.Server, Version=5.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=287b5094865421c0" />
Your image of the error says "Version=5.2.1.0"

The only safe thing to do at this point is erase your installation of PrismExplorer, download a new copy, and try again.
 Post Reply Post Reply