FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Adding DevForce to an existing WebProject

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rasmus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote rasmus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding DevForce to an existing WebProject
    Posted: 01-Oct-2009 at 4:48pm
I have just finished adding devforce to an existing webapplication. I used the DevForce object mapper to built and add a domain model project, and a silverlight project.

Then I manually edited the web application project:

The EntityService.svc file
The EntityServer.svc file
Edited the web.config - adding the ideablade.config section and the services and binding to the system.serviceModel
created a log folder
included references to the DevForce Assemblies.

But when I try to do a

EntityManagerRef.ConnectAsync from my SL app, i get this error :" Unable to create proxy to EntityServer.svc service"

The log show no errors, the last log says: EntityServer listening on http://server/webhome/EntityServer.svc

Am I misssing some steps here, when manually adding to an existing web application?
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2009 at 6:42pm
First test if your service is running  -- open your browser and navigate to http://server/webhome/EntityService.svc (note this is EntityService.svc, not EntityServer.svc, which I'll explain in a bit.)  If the service page displays an error it should hopefully explain why the service can't start.  Note that the IdeaBlade.EntityModel.Server.dll must reside in the bin folder, it won't be found in the GAC.

If the service does start without errors, try the SL app again, and then note what else the debuglog shows.   A few lines above the "EntityServer listening ..." entry should be one that says "Using DC serializer" and another which says "EntityServer is using the SilverlightFaultBehavior".  If these aren't present, then check that the ideablade.configuration element has the clientApplicationType="Silverlight" attribute set, and check that the endpoints defined in the serviceModel section are using the "customBinaryBinding".  (There's a sample web.config for Silverlight in the Learning Resources under the Deployment\Snippets\Silverlight folder.)

*EntityService.svc is the startup service, while EntityServer.svc is a service dedicated to a specific data source extension and is started once an EntityManager connects with a specific data source extension (or no extension at all, which is the default.)

Post Reply Post Reply