New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: I did not understand how the SQL database get update
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

I did not understand how the SQL database get update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I did not understand how the SQL database get update
    Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 1:18pm
I am an Independent software developer staying in India. I am trying to use the DevForceExpress edition and during my learning process I am experiencing technical trouble. I do not understand how the record would be inserted into the database. I understand record update into object databases but do not understand update into the SQL database.I have read your Concept Manual, Developer Manual and as recommended by the support team,I went through the Tutorials but I do not understand how the SQL database gets update. Please send me an example so i can understand. I hope you will help me and send a response as early as possible.

Edited by IdeaBlade - 12-Jul-2007 at 1:20pm
IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 1:19pm
Here is how the SQL Database gets updated:

(1)    The application loads Business Objects into the PersistenceManager cache.
(2)    The application (typically through Databinding) modifies objects in the PersistenceManager cache.
(3)    The application decides to save changes to the database using PersistenceManager.SaveChanges()
(4)    For each Insert, Delete, or Update operation, the PersistenceManager constructs an SQL statement and submits it to the databaser
(5)      If the save is successful, the PersistenceManager does a a Refetch of the data because the Database may have made additional changes (for example,a trigger may have changed data, or time stamps may have been added).
(6)    iIf you want to see what the SQL looks like, look at the DebugLog.XML file in the executing directory.

Edited by IdeaBlade - 13-Jul-2007 at 9:41am
 Post Reply Post Reply