FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DevForce 2010 extension always enabled

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ouelletf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ouelletf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DevForce 2010 extension always enabled
    Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 11:28am
Hi,

I like the changes you made in DevForce 2010, except I would prefer that I create a new EDMX it would not be automaticly converted to DevForce.

We have to enable/disable the extension to be able to create a regular EF edmx.

I would have prefered the default edmx, then having to set a property (IsEnabled) to true that would then create the default DevForce TT, etc...

I did something similar in my own EF Designer Extension.
I keep the IsEnabled attribute on the CSDL schema element.
In my properties factories, I return null if its not enabled (except the IsEnabled property of course :). The designer don't show the property and behave well when you return null in the factory.

I really prefer the new integration directly in VS2010 than the old way you used in 2009. But we should be able to turn it on/off without having to enable/disable the extension. I have older projet in the same solution that use a regular EF EDMX.

Thanks.
ting View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote ting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 4:54pm
Hi, thanks for the feedback.  There are several others who have requested that we find a better way to do this.  In the next release, we will allow you to control DevForce code generation on a per EDMX basis.
ouelletf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ouelletf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 4:56pm
Thanks.

I look forward for the next release.

Edited by ouelletf - 22-Apr-2010 at 4:56pm
 Post Reply Post Reply